“I’ll never put a leash on MY kid”….my pre-kid self thought smugly.
I’m pretty sure God shook His head at me that day
And then I had Claire.
Good golly day that kid is wild.
In the past 24 hours she has
- Danced on the AC unit outside while playing the kazoo
- Leapt off a swing and bit a hole in her tounge (she didn’t cry, just yelled in frustration when I wouldn’t let her stand on the swing again to “finish her trick”)
- Walked up and down the back of the couch multiple times…twice backwards with her eyes closed
- Jumped off the dining room table
- Jumped off the kitchen table
- Climbed the chain link fence using her toes and fingers
- Tried to touch the ceiling on the back porch
And that’s just what she’s done while I’ve been watching. I can’t imagine what she does while I’m distracted.
I have repented of my judgemental ways and I need a kid leash…though she would probably just chew through it and run off. Just kidding….kind of.
I love her little free-spirited wild self.