The frenzy of spring has mellowed into long, muggy summer days.
The work on the farm has transitioned to baling straw to be used for contractors and homeowners, baling hay for cattle to eat over the winter when the grass ceases to grow, checking on cows and fixing equipment in preparation for fall
It is hot. SO hot. I don’t handle these super high temps well.
Lynn works long days.
I get frustrated at times that he works so much, even though I know it is necessary.
They say to look on the bright side and so from where I see it, there are positives to being a farmer and so I made a list.
10. You never complain about your boss, because work for yourself.
9. Your lower arms have a great tan.
8. Farm clothes don’t need ironing.
7. Take-your-kid-to-work day can last all summer.
6. Your coworkers don’t complain as long as you feed them.
5. Your office is a gym- some days you strength train and some days you cardio. (Cows out = cardio)
4. You know fancy words like “Commodity” and “Germination”.
3. You enjoy many good sunrises.
2. You enjoy many good sunsets.
1. This is the way you want to raise your family.